Saturday 28 April 2012

God's Favour

Two weeks of my holidays have passed.

The Action Song competition was held this morning at SJK(C) Sin Hwa. Six teams took part, including Ai Chun 2.

Together with my sister and brother, I started helping my mum with the action song the moment I came back from KL. My mum had chosen a song, so I picked one more and my sis the other. We joined the songs and thought of the dancing steps. Not easy though. But we prayed.

The costume gave us a lot of trouble. We went from shop to shop in search of an appropriate costume. Finally a few days before the competition we decided on the red "musical look" dress we found at Soun Thye Fashion. We took four sample sizes for the students to try on the next day. Guess what, even the largest size, which I would define enormous, couldn't fit four of the students -.-

We were running out of time, so the teachers-in-charge, including my mum, dug out some old uniforms which belonged to my seniors, which they used in the choir team during their time. I knew it because I recognized one of their names. Imagine how long ago it is, when my seniors were still as young as these kids.

We decided that we will look for a better costume should we win.

Waiting for the carnival to start.

And so the game began!

The kids performed quite well, even though they didn't manage to practice at all in the morning before they went on stage. I accidentally put one more Chinese fan on stage, so in utmost embarrassment I saw one fell from the hand of Xin Ni lol.

Never imagined that one day I'll attend as a "teacher" and not a participant.

We waited bitterly for the panel to announce the results. The weather was so hot, and they took such a long time that some of the kids fell asleep. How I wished I could sleep like them, haha.

My mum lost confidence when they announced the 3rd and 2nd places, because there was one team we thought performed well and yet wasn't one of the runner-ups. But just as I believed, Ai Chun 2 turned out to be the champion! God's favour was on us :D

The officers wanted to see the performance by the first runner-up and the champion team, which will both represent SJK to compete with SK. Some of the kids' fluffy decorations had fallen off, so we had to ask them to "terminate" all the decorations, what a waste hahahaha.
 

My mum and I with the kids.

Enjoying themselves at Witchery Ider after a tiring morning.

The next round will be held soon. With faith we'll give another good shot!


Glory be to God :)

No comments:

Post a Comment