Sunday 5 August 2012

Champion in Our Hearts

For the first time in my life, I feel the disappointment of being just a few inches away from championship as a sportsman. I don't often watch sports, but this year, because of Dato' Lee Chong Wei, I stayed tuned to the semi-finals and finals for Badminton in the Olympics games.

Despite the fact that he hadn't really recovered from injuries, he bore the pain to fight in view of Malaysians to win a gold medal in Olympics, to make us proud. I'm compelled to say that he performed well, beyond my expectations. I had the thrill of screaming and clapping in excitement each time he won a point, and also felt the anxiety when he missed. I'm thankful to be able to watch this awesome game on such a wide screen. It's so different to watch with a group of enthusiasts :)


He knelt down in down spirits as the last point went to his opponent. His coach went up and gave him a hug, and that was such a touching moment. If I were there I'd hug him too! I remember sharing the joy when he emerged as the winner in the semi-finals. And now, as a part of this nation, I wish to share his anguish with all Malaysians. #Keeping up the One Malaysia spirit yeah!

You're the Gold of Malaysia, Lee Chong Wei :)

I can't help feeling sad seeing photos of his downcast face as I scrolled my Facebook homepage. Please don't, you have the whole nation for you. Who cares about the benefits we get for your championship, I want you to be happy!

"Skill wins you medals, but attitude wins hearts." (ESPN commentator) He perspired to inspire- he's our hero, our pride. He's my lifetime role model. Tonight, he is crowned champion in our hearts :)

 认真的男人最帅!

No comments:

Post a Comment