Friday 23 October 2015

Fourth Month of Fourth Year, Fourth Posting

Looking back my blog posts this year, I regret for not writing anything when I was on my end-of-year 3 break. There were two highlights of my holidays that time:

1. Taiwan trip with my friends
2. SWEEP (Social Work Exposure and Embracement Programme) by FES

Why didn't I write anythinggg T.T For SWEEP alright I can understand myself because right after SWEEP was the beginning of year 4 and my first posting was superrrrr hectic I didn't have enough sleep most of the time. But why not for my Taiwan trip?! LAZY, HUHHH. What a waste of the 2000 over photos my camera so beautifully captured! Terrible! Okay I'm gonna find time one of these days and write a throwback post about it!

By the way, I'll take this opportunity to update a little bit about my "life circumstance" right now. Well apparently I'm now into my fourth posting, the end of second week of it, to be precise. All the postings we had gone through since year 4 began were major postings, even now - Psychiatry. This is so different from previous postings goshh. When you talk to the patients, it's almost totally dependent on your knowledge and judgement because many of the patients are either going to tell you their hallucinations (which they don't recognize as false perceptions, of course, in the unstable state) as part of their lives, or they may make up a little bit of stories in denial of what really happened. I'll honestly say that I had difficulty for the past 2 weeks getting reliable history from patients, and because of that I was rather in low spirits especially this week. It's my turn to present a case for the next clinical teaching in 2 days' time, and I have a case write-up due in one weeks' time, and I haven't got a single proper case!

No comments:

Post a Comment